Carbon offsets are measured in metric tons of carbon dioxide-equivalent (CO2e) and may represent six primary categories of greenhouse gases including:
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
- methane (CH4)
- nitrous oxide (N2O)
- perfluorocarbons (PFCs)
- hydroflourocarbons (HFCs)
- sulfur hexaflouride (SF6)
Calculating your entities’ production and / or operational carbon footprint is a useful way to benchmark your performance and forms the basis of an emission reduction strategy.
Following global best practices, Ethical Exchange assesses and calculates the carbon footprint of entities. The assessment includes consideration of electricity use, water use, waste generation, travel, fuel use and paper use etc. and the quantification of these data into tons of CO2e.
We further provide:
- GAP analysis to improve data collation
- Detailed recommendations to lower emissions (By reducing your carbon footprint, your company’s expenses will be reduced as each aspect of a footprint is a cost to the company)
- Carbon offsets to assist in achieving carbon neutral status ( One carbon offset represents the reduction of one metric ton of carbon dioxide or its equivalent in other greenhouse gases.)
- Carbon protocol registration